Dr. Totonchi graduated at the top of his class from the Tabriz University of Medical Sciences. Since 2001, he has been a part of Northeast Ohio’s medical community, completing his plastic surgery residency in University Hospital, and then continuing with fellowships in facial cosmetic and pediatric craniofacial surgeries.
Dr. Totonchi joined MetroHealth Medical Center in 2010. He is also is Associate Professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He serves as onsite Director of Plastic Surgery Residents at MetroHealth Hospital, where he is also the Medical Director of the multidisciplinary Craniofacial Disorders Clinic (CFD). There, he leads a highly trained team of professionals, caring for children with facial disorders, such as cleft lip, cleft palate, and other craniofacial deformities.
Dr. Totonchi is highly skilled at a wide variety of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures including:
- Facial Feminization Surgery
- Non-Surgical Enhancements
- Migraine Surgery
In addition, he is one of the few plastic surgeons in the country who has trained under Dr. Bahman Guyuron to perform surgery and help patients with severe migraine headaches. Dr. Guyuron’s innovative techniques are at the forefront of advancements in surgical treatment options for migraine headaches.
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Migraine Surgery Society
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The Rhinoplasty Society
- American Council of Academic Plastic Surgeons
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons
PROFESSIONAL PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL SERVICES
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Annals of Headache Medicine Journal
- Section Editor (Surgical Treatment for Head and Face Pain)
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal
- The Cleft-Palate-Craniofacial Journal